Monday, March 3, 2014

My ADD Medicine

When I was little I was told I had ADD by my doctor. I never really understood it until I was older. I always looked at it as if it was a part of me and I couldnt do anything about it. I started to love the advantages I had with it and started to accept the disadvantages. I was put on medicine to help me focus and it worked! I loved it! I read a 500 page book the first day on it. I could read, draw, write, ect... My thoughts werent everywhere. I however always assumed the hallucinations of dark figured people was my imagination and not my daytrana medicine. I grew up seeing people walking off building and dissapearing, black cats, black figures standing in the road, little ant shapes moving fast, ect.. ect... I stopped taking it one summer and the hallucinations stopped. I started it again when I moved to Oregon and they started up again. I meet very nice lady at a con whos little brother had the same problem and thats when I started thinking maybe thats happening to me too. I told my doctor and I stopped immediately. We talked to my old doctor who specialized in ADD and he said he  had one other child who would hear things when he was taking it. I wasnt the only one. We looked it up and we found out that 1 out of 100 children or 1 out of 50 children would hear things or see things when they took it. Well I went to my new doctor and told me that if I ever took drugs I would never get out of that state. Good thing I don't do drugs. So if you see or hear things when your taking your ADD medicine stop and tell your doctor! Its not good and its not worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment