Saturday, March 29, 2014

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY NO!

I ranted about this on Tumblr and I am going to do the same here!

Yo! Ballroom dancers! Ladies! You have the right to say NO to a closed embrace! I didnt know that and an older man (like 50) kept flirting with me and trying and succeeding in doing a closed embrace during the Tango.  I had to leave that class because I didn’t want to face him again. I was a 16/17 when this happened. It happened tonight again. A man got a little too friendly and automatically did the closed embrace. It wasnt just the closed embrace it was something a little farther then that. It was by far uncomfortable and awkward. You know what? I was too polite and kind to say something. SO LET ME TELL YOU THIS ONE MORE TIME! YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY NO! Screw their feelings! Your space is being invaded! Dont take crap from them! Honestly, You have the right to say no! AND MEN! If you want to do a closed embrace with a young girl you just met ASK HER FOR HEAVENS SAKE! ASK! ASK! ASK! DONT assume she wants to do the tango with you in a closed embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment